A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt plays a critical role in Six Sigma projects. Black Belts are responsible as project managers for the ultimate result of these projects. This intensive Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course trains you to perform the role of a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and successfully execute Six Sigma projects.
|Oct 18 - Oct 21||4 days||Dubai||Enquiry|
|Dec 20 - Dec 23||4 days||Dubai||Enquiry|
Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (CLSSBB)™ is well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who leads improvement projects, typically in a full-time role. Learning Six Sigma and applying its methodologies to your work life can have tremendous impact on your future. Black Belts have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the D-M-A-I-C model in accordance with Six Sigma principles. A Black Belt should demonstrate team leadership, understand team dynamics and assign team member roles and responsibilities. They have basic knowledge of Lean enterprise concepts, can identify non-value-added elements and activities and are able to use specific tools.
· Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
· Simultaneously improve both quality and speed by combining Lean with Six Sigma
· Understand the Lean Six Sigma methodology and improvement processes
· Properly define, scope and work on Lean Six Sigma projects
· Gather Voice of the Customer and analyze survey data
· Construct a Value Stream Map and apply the map to identify improvement opportunity
· Learn to recognize waste
· Apply Lean tools to analyze process flow and delay times and focus on the separation of "value-added" from "non-value-added" and work with tools to eliminate the root causes of non-value-added activities
· Incorporate a comprehensive set of statistical analysis tools to problem solving
· Provide a means for quantifying and eliminating the cost of complexity
· Investigate basic queuing problems
· Implement quick improvements using a structured Kaizen Event
· Learn to mistake-proof a process to reduce rework
This Black Belt assessment is comprised of two parts. One part is a case study task worth 50%, which is carried out in the classroom. The second part is an examination that also makes up 50% of the mark. Out of the 100% available, delegates must achieve 70% to pass.
· No.of questions: 150
· Exam Format: Multiple Choice & True or False Statements
· Exam Pass Mark: 70%
· Level of Qualification: Six Sigma Black Belt
· Electronic Devices Permitted: No
· Open Book: No
Anyone who will be leading a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project or would like to master the principles involved to further their professional skills. It applies to staff, line supervisors, managers and directors in such areas as manufacturing, operations, customer service, engineering, IT, marketing, logistics, sales, quality, purchasing, health care, education, and health and safety.
· Managers/executives overseeing personnel involved in the implementation of Lean Six Sigma in their organization
· Consultants involved in responding to a Lean Six Sigma proposal
· Quality professionals seeking to learn Lean Six Sigma methodology and the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt toolset in depth, and lead teams through projects
· Project Managers/ Senior Managers interested in improving the bottom-line by reducing defects
· Any Graduates or Professionals with an Interest in Six Sigma Methodologies Can Attend The Six Sigma Black Belt Training.
· Quality Assurance Engineers, Team leaders, Software Professionals, Practitioners and Senior Management
· The person should have 3 or more than 3 years. of experience to attend the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Exam.
· Process Group members
· Metrics council members
The “Lean Six Sigma Black Belt” training is based on international syllabus.]
UNIT 1 : INTRODUCTION & OVERVIEW
Introductions, What is Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC overview
UNIT 2 : DEFINE
Introduction to Define, Project Charter, Team Charter, Stakeholder Management, Schedule & Deliverable, Process - SIPOC, Voice of the Costumers, Tollgate Review - Define
UNIT 3 : MEASURE
Developing Performance Indicators, Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Data Types, Data Collection, Data Patterns, Variation and Time Ordered Data, Time Plots, Basic Statistics and Sampling, Fundamentals of Statistics Sampling, Measurement System Analysis, Introduction to Minitab, Control charts, Process Capability, Tollgate Review – Measure
UNIT 4 : ANALYZE
Focus Problem Statement, Identify Root Causes, Root Cause Analysis Using Statistical tools, Minitab Applications,Correlation, Linear Regression, Hypothesis Testing, Normal Distribution, T-Test, Anova, Chi-Square Analysis, Tollgate Review – Analyze
UNIT 5 : IMPROVE
Generating Solutions, Select Solutions, Risk Management, Future State Value Stream Map, Design Optimized Layout,Pilot Solutions, Communicate Solutions, Implement Solutions, Tollgate Review – Improve
UNIT 6 : CONTROL
Standardization, Process Control Systems, Training, Monitoring, New Process Capability Evaluating Results, Benefits Realization, Story Board, Project Closure, Tollgate Review – Control, DMAIC Review
· Gain sufficient understanding of Lean Six Sigma to be able to work effectively in improvement team.
· Learn to analyse and refine processes to improve efficiency and remove waste using Lean.
· Apply Six Sigma principles and techniques to reduce process variation and improve quality and consistency.
· Contribute to your continuing professional development.
· Add value for customers, employees and shareholders by minimising process variation and waste.
· Improve performance and reduce time scales for Lean Six Sigma projects.
· Train staff in a proven business improvement approach, equipping them with the tools to improve processes.
· Reduced cost, improved efficiency, better resource utilization, more profitable organization
· Certified people demonstrate knowledge of Six Sigma. They are always in demand